If you’d like to join the dedicated staff of our world-class museum, please check the list below of current job openings.
We strive to attract, select, and develop people who are talented, passionate, and can help fulfill our missions. We are looking for individuals who not only want to become part of something special but who also want to play a part in helping the museum continue its exceptional status into the future. Additionally, the museum attracts the most talented professional staff by offering a competitive salary and benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance plus paid time off.
The National Hellenic Museum is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, parental status, military or former military status, and any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. Discrimination against any employee, applicant, or third party based on any of these violates the National Hellenic Museum policy and is absolutely prohibited.
If you would like to apply for an open position, please email a cover letter and CV/resume. Please no phone calls or emails for non-posted positions.
Director of Finance and Operations
Provide hands-on leadership to the Finance team to establish departmental policies and procedures and accurate and timely financial reporting, which will include detailed investigations, documentation and reconciliations. Oversee business policies and insure compliance with standard accounting practices for nonprofit organizations. Responsible for all finance, accounting, human resources, information technology and facilities, as well as effectively managing personnel and the administrative infrastructure for the organization. Maximize revenue generation for the Museum through the identification of new opportunities and maximizing current revenue generating services.
If you would like to apply for the position, please email a cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.
Guest Services Associate
Position Summary: The Guest Services Associate is a part time position that greets and interacts with customers, and monitors patrons to assist the Welcome Center in loss prevention. This position provides excellent customer service and museum information while assisting in maintaining the appearance of the museum. The Guest Services Associate will also, facilitate the purchases and returns made by customers.
Essential Job Functions:
Welcome Center duties:
- Welcome all visitors when they arrive with a personal greeting
- Supports a positive customer experience, providing guests with a unique, enthusiastic and informational experience
- Resolve customer complaints
- Answers phones and provide museum information or transfer calls to appropriate staff member
- Sell tickets and other items to customers
- Observes and supports all museum rules and policies.
- Correctly operates a cash register
- Receives all applicable forms of payment and issues receipts, refunds, credits or change to customers
- Count money in cash drawers at the start and end of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and there is adequate change
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by maintaining inventories.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean environment.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Essential Job Requirements:
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Available Hours: Monday, Wednesday 10am to 5pm, Thursday 10am to 5pm, Saturday 11am – 5pm
Preferred Skills: Fluent in modern Greek
Experience: 1 to 2 years in a retail or customer service position
Required Skills: Customer service and computer proficiency
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time. Must able to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
If you would like to apply for the position, please email a cover letter, resume and portfolio link to: firstname.lastname@example.org