If you’d like to join the dedicated staff of our world-class museum, please check the list below of current job openings.
We strive to attract, select, and develop people who are talented, passionate, and can help fulfill our missions. We are looking for individuals who not only want to become part of something special but who also want to play a part in helping the museum continue its exceptional status into the future. Additionally, the museum attracts the most talented professional staff by offering a competitive salary and benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance plus paid time off.
The National Hellenic Museum is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, parental status, military or former military status, and any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. Discrimination against any employee, applicant, or third party based on any of these violates the National Hellenic Museum policy and is absolutely prohibited.
If you would like to apply for an open position, please email a cover letter and CV/resume. Please no phone calls or emails for non-posted positions.
Executive Administrative Assistant to Museum President
Job Purpose: Enhances President’s effectiveness by providing information management support; representing the executive to others.
- Conserve the President’s time by managing and maintaining President’s schedule.
- Promote the museum’s image by representing the president internally and externally
- Serve as a point of contact on behalf of the President to the Board of Trustees, the community and donors.
- Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests
- Work closely with the administrative team to coordinate projects as needed
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
Executive Administrative Assistant Job Duties:
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Welcomes guests and visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Completes projects by assigning work to clerical staff; following up on results.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Administrative Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Supply Management, Scheduling, Microsoft Office Skills, Organization, Time Management, Presentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Travel Logistics, Verbal Communication
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or the National Hellenic Museum, 333. S Halsted Ave., Chicago, IL 60661