Job Posting: Executive Assistant
August 10, 2012
Position Title: Executive Assistant to Director/Receptionist (Part-Time M-F 9am to 3pm)
Reports to: Executive Director
Conserves Executive Director’s time and promotes the corporate image by representing the president internally and externally; providing liaison between the Executive Director, Board of Trustees, and donors. Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and maintain Executive Director’s schedule
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
- Arrange travel schedule and reservations for executive director as needed
- Work closely with the administrative team to coordinate and launch hard copy or email campaigns to donors and potential donors
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- To prepare, proof read and edit all outgoing correspondence, e.g. letters, funding proposals, press releases, marketing materials and newsletters
- Manage paper and electronic office files
Essential Job Requirements
Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
Some college required, Bachelors preferred.
3 to 5 years of administrative assistance experience. Museum or non-profit experience preferred.
Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Functional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Museum operations experience. Advanced computer skills. Fluent in Modern Greek.
Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com or to National Hellenic Museum, Attn: Human Resources, 333 South Halsted Street, Chicago, IL 60661. Please no phone calls or emails for non-posted positions.